Despite several attempts by the weather yesterday to curtail a Dalek invasion, it was still successful!
Merchistoun Hall's summer fete was a very enjoyable day, with two Daleks (Dylan and Dougal, built by Stuart) doing the honours to help promote the play. As well as yours truly, Stuart was also on hand to help bring the Daleks to life, along with the Doctor (Nick Scovell) and Rob Thrush, who was modelling a prototype for one of the costumes.
Apart from the two Daleks and Nick in costume, we also had a stand inside with posters and postcards for the play and a DVD which was showing clips from previous productions.
At the start of the day, the Doctor was on hand to make sure that the Daleks were beaten back in a special scene for the fete. Nick and Rob also did a question and answer session in the main arena.
All together, this was a wonderful day, hot inside a Dalek as always, and fantastic promotion for the play. Many thanks to the staff and volunteers at Merchistoun Hall for all their help.
UPDATE: 15 JULY
You can see a full write up from Nick about this event over at Dalek Links:
- Daleks out and about - will open in a new window
- Video of Nick Scovell and Rob Thrush (low-res) - will open in a new window
- Dylan (at the front) and Dougal (behind) prepare to invade - I'm in Dougal at this point and can't get any further than the wodden boards that were laid down
- Nick Scovell (The Doctor) disarms a Dalek
- Dylan posing - with me inside
- A child hugs Dylan - every one loves a Dalek!
- Dylan posing again - with me inside
- Rob Thrush models a prototype for a costume