Just to let you know that there'll be a slight delay in getting the next selection of content up here as I was out as a Dalek at the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth today and this has delayed the new content slightly. More content will be available on Tuesday evening (UK time).
Sunday, 26 October 2008
Sunday, 19 October 2008
Dalek Spy has been scouring through the vast amount of photos taken by other members of the cast and crew. Here's a selection by Jonathan Andrews (JA), one of the delegates and a Science Dalek, taken during various rehearsals. There's also a couple by Stuart Currie (SC), builder and operator of the Supreme Dalek, taken on the stage before differnet shows.
- I'm left behind while everyone else goes off for their tea break (JA)
- Phil Cottrill (Governor Trantis) examines the new mini Dalek species (JA)
- A close up of the beautiful home build of Stuart's Supreme Dalek (JA)
- The Supreme Dalek discovers the TARDIS (SC)
- The Time Destructor is prepared for its final operation by the Supreme Dalek (SC)
Sunday, 12 October 2008
This week, Dalek Spy has unearthed photos taken during rehearsals that originally couldn't be released as they featured not only the new colour scheme of the Daleks but also the secret weapon... Stuart Currie's magnificent Supreme Dalek. This amazing and fully realistic recreation of Dalek Sec even had a middle section that could revolve.
- James George (Mavic Chen) faces down the Supreme Dalek
- Nick Scovell (the Doctor) and Phil Cottrill (Governor Trantis) don't realise that the Supreme Dalek is still alive
- Stuart Currie (Supreme Dalek builder and operator) talks with Nick Scovell and Rob Thrush (Producer)
- The four main Daleks - two standard, the red Commander and the black Supreme - the two Science Daleks were still being built
- The Hammersmith Hardmen! The Dalek Commander and Supreme Dalek confer
Sunday, 5 October 2008
This week's delights from the archives both feature everyone hard at work during rehearsals.
First off is a video that shows the Daleks at their very first rehearsal from 10 October 2007. This was the first time that we'd had chance to see Ashley's new colour scheme for his Daleks that had previously appeared in the production of "Evil" in 2006. As you can see, Nick Scovell was ahead of Russell T Davies by having a red Dalek in the play months before the TV counterpart was seen!
The second video is an edited version of the final rehearsal of Act One, filmed at the New Theatre Royal by Stuart Currie (the Supreme Dalek himself) on 23 October 2007. This does have some of the music and sound cues on it, although the explosions were small compared to what was used for real.
On a technical note, these videos are now hosted by YouTube, as opposed to Photobucket as with all previous ones. This is mainly due to the fact that I can upload longer videos, although the quality does drop slightly.