Thursday 23 August 2007

Never a moment to breathe

I've just received a copy of the rehearsal schedule and it looks (for me at least) a nightmare!

As I mention below, there's a script read through soon - which is for everyone to attend - so we can all meet up again and make sure that everyone is comfortable with everything.

Now Nick, the one man production (playing the Doctor, he's also the director and has adapted the original scripts), has hit upon the great idea of splitting the script into six blocks. This is a good as it means that rehearsals will be targeted to specific scenes, so not all the cast have to get together at the same time until later on.

So I had a look at it and, obviously as it's about Daleks, I'm required for Blocks 2-6. "That's ok," I thought, "a bit more time to myself at the start." How wrong! I forgot that I'm also making an appearance at the start in the crowd scene sans Dalek. The upshot is that I'm also required for Block 1.

No rest for the wicked, I get the fun of attending every rehearsal from when we start in September. The bonus is that I will be able to sneak more behind the scenes information here onto my blog... and maybe even some photographs!