Monday 10 September 2007

Enter... the Daleks!

Today's rehearsal (September 10) saw the arrival of the Daleks! Three were brought along, the two main ones and the Dalek Commander, all of them built by Ashley Nealfuller.

The look and design of them is, at the moment, a closely guarded secret. So I'm sorry that currently I'm unable to post any of the lovely pictures and videos that were taken.

All of them are named after the Marx Brothers and mine is called Groucho. As always, it's a tight fit inside and very warm. However, I've discovered that there's room for a small bottle of water and also a mini sized battery fan - so hopefully I should be ok!

I know that I've been a Dalek before, using the ones that Stuart Currie has built at events, but there was something different this time... a magic quality you could almost say. This time I was a Dalek in Doctor Who!

Due to having to work with the Daleks we didn't get chance to finish all of Block Two so this will be picked up on Friday.

Dalek Spy header

There's a couple of teaser photos today and one of me half in costume.

  • Part of a Dalek, but what part?
  • Another part of one of the Daleks
  • Me being helped to get into Groucho
Click on an image for a larger version in a new window

Part of a Dalek, but what part? Another part of one of the Daleks Me being helped to get into Groucho