Saturday 15 September 2007

Block 2 now complete

With Block 2 now completed in rehearsals, of which there were only a couple of pages to finish off, we had a full run of everything to date so far last night (September 14). We're now nearing the end of Act One and it's polishing up very nicely indeed.

To make it easier during the final part of the Block 2 material for me to amend my script I performed with only two thirds of my costume - just the skirt and shoulders. This was much better than trying to not only hear what changes were being made but write in a cramped space as well.

After quite a few times inside a Dalek, one thing I do know is that it does get very hot. What I have done (see the photo below) is to get myself a small clip-on fan that is then attached to the inside and which I can turn on and off as necessary. Not only that, but I've also found space for a small bottle of water. Groucho is now very much my home from home!

Dalek Spy header

Three little words from Block 2:

  • murderous
  • arrogance
  • guilty
It's getting more difficult to get photos as I'm in more and more scenes at the moment, but here's some special ones...
  • The relative comfort of inside a Dalek - note the bottle of water and clip-on fan!
  • Part of a Dalek
  • Essential footwear for a Dalek - my David Tennant red Converse trainers!
Click on an image for a larger version in a new window

The relative comfort of inside a Dalek - note the bottle of water and clip-on fan! Part of a Dalek Essential footwear for a Dalek - my David Tennant red Converse trainers!